The Barna Difference
Jim Barna Log and Timber Homes is one of the largest and most innovative log home manufacturers in the United States. Our founder Jim Barna shaped the landscape of today's log home market. More than thirty-five years ago, he started the trend of milling the logs to specific, uniform tolerances and joining them together with interlocking saddle-notch corners and tongue-and-groove walls to keep the structures weather-tight and the logs strait.
Since then, Jim Barna Log and Timber Homes has developed multiple log systems that provide innovation, integrity and ease of construction. Graded logs, kiln drying, pre-cutting, profiled corner notches, log adhesive and lag-screw assembly make Jim Barna Log and Timber Homes substantially stronger and more energy-efficient than many other log walls on the market. The result is a home that will remain comfortable and beautiful for generations.
What to Expect from Jim Barna Log and Timber Homes
- A seasoned team of professionals ready to answer your questions, help you through the process, and address the issues that are part of buying a log home.
- Quality products that provide a variety of log profiles, wood species, and conventional materials that will achieve the look and feel of the log or timber home you have in mind.
- Professional design and drafting services that captures first on paper your dream home and then translate these into accurately milled and manufactured products.
- Someone to coach you towards budget. What you spend is up to you, but we are here to help you stay on track.
- We own our mistakes. Should we ship an incorrect item, we replace it at no cost to you.
- We know our building systems, residential codes, and construction details necessary to design your home correctly.
- You get answers promptly. If you care enough to ask, we care enough to answer in a timely and thorough manner.
- You have the right to make changes to the plans and specifications. Our process is friendly to the revisions that are normal as you continue to refine your house.
- An education. Buying a home is a learning process. You can expect to learn how things are done, why they are done, and what the benefit is to you as a customer.
- We stand behind and warrant our products.